Annual Healthcare IT Conference 2012
TechTalks from event: Annual Healthcare IT Conference 2012
Affordable Care Actâ€™s Impact on Health IT: A Bipartisan PerspectiveRecognizing that health information technology (IT) plays a critical role in improving the quality and cost-effectiveness of care, the Bipartisan Policy Centerâ€™s (BPC) Task Force on Delivery System Reform and Health IT released a set of recommendations for the most effective use of health IT dollars to support delivery system and payment reforms to achieve improved health, better health care, and reductions in the cost of care. Our keynote lunch speaker will summarize these recommendations to help you plan for the future.
Ambulatory EHR: Pros and ConsIs it worth all the effort? What are the tangible benefits being realized by patients, physicians, and health care professionals? How to best anticipate and overcome hurdles along the way? What systems need to connect? We have assembled a distinguished set of speakers to examine EHRs in the ambulatory care setting. Beyond meaningful use incentives, our panel will delve into an insightful discussion of these questions and examine the value of EHR adoption today.
Moderator: Shadaab Kanwal, MISM, MBA, Executive Director, Quality & Care Delivery Excellence, Kaiser Permanente
- Charles Jaffe, MD, PhD, CEO, HL7
- Neil Triester, MD, FACC, CMIO, Sharp Community Medical Group
- Marion Jenkins, PhD, FHIMSS, CEO, QSE Technologies
- Jimmy Hara, MD, FAAFP, Family Medicine Residency Program Director Emeritus, Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles Center for Medical Education
Job Search Strategies for Health IT/EHR ProfessionalsJob Search Strategies for Health IT/EHR Professionals (This session not eligible for CME Credits)
Moderator: Richard Katz, MBA, President, HRMS, Inc
- Leslie Bruce, JD, Director, Healthcare Leadership and Community Outreach, UC San Diego Extension
- Mark Jahn, VP, Healthcare Practice, Atrilogy Solutions Group
- Sunny Saran, MBA, Chief Executive Officer, e2o Health
- Barbara S. Vanek, RN, BSN, MA, PMP, Clinical Program Manager, Hoag Hospital