1st Lisbon Machine Learning School
TechTalks from event: 1st Lisbon Machine Learning School
Main event website: 1st Lisbon Machine Learning School
LxMLS 2011 took place July 20-25 2011 at Instituto Superior Tecnico, a leading Engineering and Science school in Portugal. It is organized jointly by IST, the Instituto de Telecomunicacoes and the Spoken Language Systems Lab - L2F of INESC-ID.
School Day 4
Syntax and Parsing (Part 1)
- Context-free grammars (CFGs) and phrase-based parsing
- Dynamic programming and CKY algorithm
- Probabilistic CFGs, parent annotation and lexicalization
- Dependency parsing (projective and non-projective)
- Transition and graph-based parsers
Syntax and Parsing (Part 2)Syntax and Parsing continued.
School Day 5
Bayesian Generative Modelling (Part 1)
- Exponential family and conjugate priors
- The Bayesian perspective on finite state and context free models
- Missing data and unsupervised learning
- Topic models and nonparametric Bayes
- Approximate inference: MCMC, variational methods, contrastive divergence
Bayesian Generative Modelling (Part 2)Bayesian Generative Modelling continued.